Sunday, June 28, 2009

tri, tri again


This morning I did my second triathlon of 2009.  This one certainly had some advantages over the last one - it was women only (which is just cool), the field was much smaller (200 vs 750), and it was a pool swim (no freezing cold lake).  I'm not totally happy with my time - I had a really rough run.  I developed a horrible side stitch just past mile 1, and it took me a mile to work it out.  

But I'm trying to focus on the positives.  Even though my bike time was a little slower than I would have liked, I was pleased with how the bike went.  I didn't get passed by a single rider, and spent the bike just focusing on the next person in front of me, picking people off one by one.  Then, part way through the ride, two guys out for their Sunday ride turned onto a road just as I was turning.  One of the guys told me I had a really, really cool bike and wished me luck in the race.  The two guys got a little ahead of me on the downhill, but I managed to hang with them on the next uphill and pass them on the uphill after that.  How's that for a confidence boost?

Now I've got to find a fall tri to do!

No comments: