Tuesday, June 9, 2009

following along


Wow, it does seem like its been difficult to find time to blog these last couple of weeks.  My weekends have been filled with lots of bike rides and spending time outdoors.  And during the week, I've been wrapped up in teaching my class and playing in the studio.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been working on the projects along with my class.  So I thought I'd share a process shot from the Pop-up Lighting Project.  The idea behind this project is to create a piece of lighting by piercing a sheet of metal and then make it three-dimensional by some combination of bending and forming, slots and tabs, or cold connections.  I'm making a pair of candlestick holders.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

totally wish I was teaching beginning again so I could steal this project idea. Sounds super fun and I love your candle sticks!!